BioSafe Systems is a family-owned manufacturer of biodegradable disease-control products with a mission to provide disease control solutions utilizing reduced-risk chemistries that do not negatively impact the health and safety of people and the environment. The company is headquartered in Connecticut but provides products and services in North and South America. BioSafe Systems divides its business into several market segments: Agriculture, Horticulture, Post-Harvest/Food Safety, Aquatics, Home & Garden, Turf, and Commercial/Industrial Sanitation.
What we’re looking for:
BioSafe Systems is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Representative for their Turf and Ornamental product line to work from home. You will be working with dealers, distributors, and growers throughout North America to educate, market, and sell the BioSafe Systems Turf and Ornamental products to the Horticulture Industry. The Technical Sales Representative will attend trade shows and travel throughout Great Lakes Region and Eastern Canada with a high focus on areas of Horticulture production to maintain and develop strategic business relationships. If you are highly motivated, have the drive to expand an existing business network, and a passion for offering sustainable solutions to protect people and the environment, this role is for you.
What we have to offer:
At BioSafe Systems, we offer a competitive salary coupled with a generous commission plan and benefit package that includes: Paid time off, Health Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401(K) plan with company match, car allowance and service plan, as well as a company provided laptop, cell phone, company credit card, and much more.
What you would be doing:
- Working with management in the development and implementation of sales strategy
- Support existing distribution network in the management, sales, and technical support of the BioSafe Systems product line
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with distribution partners and expanding sales opportunities within these networks
- Providing technical support to end-user (growers/production managers/etc.) and ensure proper use and application of products
- Drive communication (internal and external) within organization and through distribution partners in seamless fashion to deliver agreed upon strategies.
- Weekly reporting on sales goals, sales development strategies, and market conditions through company CRM program
- Identify competitive regional landscape and create differentiated market approaches
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor s degree in Horticulture, Plant Production, or related field
- Experience in the horticulture industry with sales and/or production exposure, proven track record in strategic decision making, knowledge of regional business as well as chemical distribution networks
- Understanding of plant pathology concepts, chemistry, or field scouting experience
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time in the United States and Canada
- Located in Southern Michigan to Northern Ohio is ideal.
We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Sales professional to facilitate the continued growth of our business throughout the Great Lakes region and Eastern Canada.