POULTRY PROCESSING APPLICATIONS
The poultry industry is where BioSafe System’s history with PAA began so it is only appropriate that OxyFusion PAA get it’s start there too. Qualities of more conventional chemistries like chlorine, bromine, chlorine dioxide, and standard PAA make them inadequate for various applications within poultry processing facilities. OxyFusion is fully customizable so that every application is managed effectively and effortlessly. We are currently conducting trials with several poultry processing facilities and discovering how OxyFusion can alleviate current hurdles being faced in this industry.
Dip Tank Intervention
- High ppm levels necessary to control pathogens
- Off-gassing odors are irritating to workers
- Users can produce PAA at exact ppm levels for this application
- OxyFusion PAA can be generated as caustic or near neutral pH to mitigate odor issues
- Can be dispensed into several dip tanks at once
Spray Bar Intervention
- Using standard PAA here results in low vapor pressure and reduced ppm of the product
- Acetic acid off-gassing is common here
- Utilizing caustic or neutral OxyFusion PAA eliminates off-gassing odors
- Lower acidity PAA helps increase vapor pressure and keeps ppm levels in range
- Use of high temperature waters creates off-gassing, resulting in irritation to the lungs and eyes of workers
- High levels of biological contamination as feathers are removed from the carcass
- Contamination from this step is often transferred into pre-chiller and chiller process waters
- PAA with customizable pH levels can help eliminate off-gassing issues
- OxyFusion PAA can be generated at higher concentrations to effectively eliminate contamination associated with the removal of feathers and reduces cross-contamination further in the processing operation
In Plant Sanitation
- Too much time spent mixing chemicals for sanitation of various surfaces
- Traditional PAA can be corrosive to metal surfaces
- Interaction with spray and odors from chemicals can be dangerous to workers
- Manufacture PAA with different ppm or pH levels for maximum effectiveness per application method or location
- OxyFusion PAA is less corrosive to surfaces and produces less odor
Waste Water Treatments
- Traditional treatments didn’t eliminate odors effectively enough
- High levels of BOD (biological oxygen demand) and COD (chemical oxygen demand)
- PAA reacts with contamination through oxidation which helps speed up the break-down process, eliminating lingering odors as biological wastes decompose
- PAA releases oxygen helping to reduce the BOD and COD in waste waters
Protect your crops, protect your water, and protect your operation’s future with BioSafe Systems products.
Not all uses and applications are approved in all states/provinces. Always consult a product’s label before use. Always refer to the California label for specific uses or restrictions relevant to that state.
If you are not sure if a product is registered in your state or for questions regarding care and use, please contact us.
- USDA to Make $550 Million in Funding Available in 2020 to Deploy High-Speed Broadband Internet Infrastructure in Rural America December 12, 2019
- USDA Invests $9.5 Million in Rural Broadband for South Dakota Families December 12, 2019
- USDA Invests $7.9 Million in Rural Broadband for North Carolina Families December 11, 2019
BioSafe Systems, LLC
22 Meadow St.
East Hartford, CT 06108
Toll Free: 1.888.273.3088