BioSafe systems is a family owned company based in East Hartford, CT servicing the food industry from Field to Fork. We are looking for an experienced professional technical sales person to help further develop our food safety product line for both raw and processing facilities for vegetables, leafy greens, fruit and nuts.
We are looking for goal-oriented, competitive, and sales-minded talent to join our growing company. BioSafe Systems is expanding our footprint within the produce and food processing industry and needs a motivated person who can operate independently and interact with both Corporate Executives and Food Safety Managers in the Southern California and Arizona region.
- Builds profitable sales and awareness within the Food Safety and produce processing market and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance BioSafe Systems position within the industry using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline
- Grow the size of territory in accordance with targets
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer
- Communicate clearly as needed with all BioSafe Team members and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer entertainment
- Able to give presentations to corporate executives within the industry and at Food Safety Conference.
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-8 years of sales experience in the food safety industry with a proven track record of success
- Experience and working knowledge with FSMA, HACCP and GAP
- Working experience with Food Safety SOP programs for both raw and food processing facilities is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree (Food Safety, Technical Science, Agriculture, Chemistry preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Ability to give professional presentations to customers and within the industry
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
- Candidates with extensive Food Safety working experience (10 +years) without sales experience will be considered if they demonstrate an ability and desire to be in a technical sales position
Salary Plus Commission, Car Allowance, Car Repair allowance, Internet Allowance, Company Paid Credit Card, Health, Dental, Vision and 401(K) program with company match, and much more.
Apply now for a chance to become a part of the BioSafe Systems Team
Job Type: Full-time
- FSMA, HACCP and GAP: 4 years (Required)
- sales in the food safety industry: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)